VOLUNTEER OFFICE MANAGER
“The Barlow has brought me so much. It’s made me feel part of the community and it’s different every day. I’ve met so many people. It’s nice to be able to help and be able to point people in the right direction. It’s really rewarding.” – Diane Radcliffe, outgoing Volunteer Office Manager.
The Barlow is always looking for new volunteers who would like to help support this charity and take it forwards. But the role of Office Manager and Volunteer Co-ordinator are particularly crucial and require a greater level of commitment. So, if you’re looking for a challenge you can really get your teeth into, and if you want your efforts to make a great and valuable impact in your community, please consider applying for these roles.
VOLUNTEER OFFICE MANAGER
You are the lynchpin of the Barlow on a day-to-day basis, and though the devil is in the detail, you’re someone who revels in organisation and creating systems to keep everything organised. You get great satisfaction from knowing that at the end of the day, the rooms are hired, payments accounted for and the volunteers know where they’re going and what they’re doing.
You will be asked questions – lots and lots of questions – and you have a team of office volunteers as well as other volunteer groups who look to you for help, direction and support. But there is great satisfaction in being able to help them, in your ability to pull the whole organisation together, and to see it thrive.
The key is being passionate about the Barlow and wanting to know everything about it. Combine that passion with a proactive mindset and you have the perfect Office Manager.
Times are completely flexible, but the role takes approximately one working day a week. You can make the job your own.
Key aspects of the role:
You are the first point of contact at the Barlow, so you’re a host and a skilled communicator.
- You have a passion for detail, combined with bigger picture thinking; inspiring the whole office to work together.
- You keep an exceptional calendar and diary maintenance record.
- You supervise the invoicing of user groups, room and event- hire and handling payments. This is crucial!
- You are inspiring and look for ways to train and upskill the office team. Everyone who gives something to the Barlow ought to get something in return.
- You’re a team player and work wonderfully alongside the other Barlow volunteer teams on Events, Marketing, Facilities and the Reading Room.
To apply: Please let us know why you think this role is perfect for you and register your interest. Send an email to email@example.com or drop off a letter in the office addressed to Nigel Truswell.
Applications will close on 26th November 2019